Happiness Recap and Goals: Jan/Feb 2017

January came and went faster than I had imagined it would go. If it is any indication of how 2017 could go- I feel okay about this upcoming year.  

January Goals:

Get to Sleep Earlier:
Yeah…. I’m not even going to lie to you all about this… I did not stick to it at all. I don’t know what it is, but even on nights that I didn’t have anything planned I still couldn’t get myself to bed before 10:30.  I will say ever since finding the Calm app and using their “sleep” setting they sleep I do get has been a lot better. ( that counts for something right? ) Going into the next month- I am going to keep trying to set up a bedtime routine to see if I can get to sleep earlier.

Exercise Better:
This has been going so well. I have started to find more workouts that I enjoy. And even more importantly- I have started being somewhat ok with taking the day OFF from the gym. Anyone who knows me knows that when I get into a routine I can become kind of obsessive. This month has been about finding balance and I feel like I have taken big steps that will allow me to keep this going into the ongoing months.

Declutter:
The lesson I have learned… 2 days a month is not enough. What ended up happened is I clean that one day. And then shit piles up the rest of the month. Going into Feb- readjust this to once a week.- Probably on Sundays.

20 minutes of shut off:
Literally has been the best one out of all of these. I didn’t realise how much I needed this and how much Airplane mode would become my best friend. What I have been doing is using my 20 minutes of shut off time during Yoga. So I have been able to kill two birds with one stone.




Things that became a happy habit that I didn’t plan:

Podcast:
Thank you Stepherz. I have become addicted to so many podcast. It all started with Call Your Girlfriends and has grown since then. (more about this in a later post)

Coloring:
#notevensorry

Using Social Media Positively:
I deleted all Instagrams that caused me stress- started following those that make me happy. And I am trying very hard to keep the petty to a minimum…

Saying No:
: Sounds so much easier than you would think. One of the harder thing in my life because I am such a people pleaser. Recently I have been working to say no to things that don’t make my soul happy.





February is always looked at as the month of love (thanks, St Valentine). Of course, we always resonate that with romantic love. Those of us without romantic partners always look like the bitter old hags when we don’t think this is the most magical month of the year. (but let’s be honest we all know December is the most romantic month of the year. Come on now. Twinkle lights people!). Love comes in all forms and this year I will plan to do more things that I love with the people I love, no overpriced dinners required!

  • Spending more time with the ones you love (either in person, via text or via skype)
  • Do one thing you love every day no matter what
  • Reread a book that always makes you believe in love ( of any nature)


I’ll see yall in March and let you know how this turns out!


-C

Comments

Popular Posts