I give zero fucks and I got zero chill in me

Hello.. My name is Cassi… I’m 28 years old and I love Sex.


There I said it.. Now that it is out there in the universe we can get down to the real talk


In the 10 (ish) years of being sexually active the one thing that has been shoved down my throat is that because I am female I’m not allowed to love sex. I’m not allowed to talk about sex, fuck I’m not even supposed to be thinking about sex unless it is with my future husband.


So let’s all be real about things because we know for many of us this is not the case ( those of you who do not fit in this “group” power to you and I’m sorry if this post isn’t one you can relate to- but I feel like I have to get this all out)- Why am I supposed to be ashamed of my healthy desire for sexually companionship**? Why do I feel like it is something I have to keep a secret in fear of being judged? Why is it so frowned upon when I (as a female) decide to “act like a boy” and want to have someone whose only purpose is sexual companionship? No feelings, no emotions, no expectations other than a good role around in the bedroom (or livingroom, or kitchen.. Or.. well you get the idea). I can’t wrap my head around why I, as an adult, have actual fears of my friends knowing that I’m having non-committed sex and they aren’t even the type of people to judge! . (hey guys- if you’re reading this now you know! #sorry).
As a female I have been conditioned to a point that I am actually afraid to tell my friends something because it is not seen as the social norm. Especially here in the south.


I don’t want to live like that. I don’t want to live with this fear that the things I find to be normal are going to make me “appear” to be the wrong type of person. I want to be able to embrace the fact that I am a sexual person and just enjoy my youth while I still have it. Is there something wrong with that.





Maybe I have been reading a little too much Eve Ensler.. Maybe it is the new “self help” book I’m reading written by a strong confident sexual women. Or it could be that I have Kesha on a loop…


Whatever has me thinking all I know, is that as I sit here in my apartment thinking about some of my nights and the events that have transpired all I can think is….


This is exactly what I needed in this moment and I feel at peace with my choices


And really isn’t that all that matters.


-Cassi



**My disclaimer with this- I’m not saying I want to go out and sleep with EVERY and ANY guy I meet online or at a bar. I’m not saying that I want to have an insane number of people on my “list” or have multiple one night stands every night. (again.. Not that there is anything wrong with that- it just isn’t what I am referring to tonight)

Comments

Popular Posts