The year of Yes... so far..

I have mentioned a few times that 2017 has been labeled the year of yaassss.
For those who don’t know ( or who don’t want to look back at older posts) there are many reasons for why this yes year exist. But the short story is of course broken hearts lead to one of two things. Hideaway or do all the things. With a lot of probing from friends, I chose to go with the “do all the things route”

And here I am 6 months into the year and for once I actually feel like I am on the right track to accomplishing a New Year's resolution.


So what has come so far in the year of yasss?

  • Finally admitting to myself and my friends that my ED has gotten out of control again. And started that healing process.
  • Have started reconnecting with things that make me happy- even if people think they are weird.
  • Learning how to say No
  • Started to be more genuine.
  • Began to be more selfish ( which is a good thing)
  • Started following social media and authors who promote a more body positive outlook
  • Ran A LOT OF miles- For fun and not because I need to lose weight
  • Took on Ragnar, Tough Mudder, 10K, Found my love for Barre, Reconnected with yoga.  
  • Stopped trying to force things
  • Working on no longer comparing my life to the success of my friends.
  • Wore a bikini with friends AND took pictures
  • Started taking control of my future and not basing it off of a man

I say this a lot- these things sound like normal things all people should already know how to do.
But for me this is progress. I know I still have a lot of work to do on myself. But I believe these are the small steps in the year of yassss that will bring more growth as the year goes on.

I am scared and excited to see what the rest of the year brings.

Comments

Popular Posts