Self Accepting in May

April has come and gone
Spring is ALMOST here and I could not be more excited.
I can’t believe we are going into month 5 of 2017 and the year of yaaasss.
I feel like I just started this adventure


April was a perfect (and much needed) rest month.
As some of you readers may know, even with all the personal work I have been doing over the prior three months there was still one thing that I haven't been able to get under control

This being my internal battle with my weight.
My weight has always been a struggle for me not matter what size I have been at
Because no size has ever been good enough
So far no weight has lead to that flat stomach that I have craved since I was 12 years old.


Because it just isn’t the way my body is built.
From what I can tell after over 15 years of “dieting” ( I used this term loosely) is that I am always going to have a stomach of some kind.


But just because I understand it doesn’t mean I have accepted it.


Which is why a lot of May’s goals (and probably some posts, to be honest) are going to focus on self-love and body acceptance.

I know I am never going to be able to be 100% okay with myself and my life if I am still obsessing over what the reflection in the mirror looks like, or what the scale says to me.

I don’t want to continue to be the person who skips out on everything because of her weight - or perceived weight.



  • Continue to ditch the scale, as well as measuring tape and progress pictures. 
  • Do only workouts that are fun to me and not because I feel like I have to burn as many calories as possible. 
  • Write one thing per day that I like about myself. 
  • Go one outside the house at least one day a week makeup-less
  • Cook and eat at least one food on the “restricted list” without any guilt attached to it.
  • Write down every negative thought during the day- At the end of the day, look back to see what is the real root of the thoughts.

Comments

Popular Posts