The Queen B's: Favorites of 2017

This post is coming a little later than I wanted it to... But hey, that is how life works right?
Overall 2017 was a really great year. There were lots of adventures, new friendships made, and A LOT of personal growth.
But one thing that never changes is my ability to become overly obsessed with certain things for a long period of time.
Long enough to make my list of favorites for the whole year.


The Queen B's of 2017


Basics:
Steve Madden Troopas:
These boots are pretty much my all-time favorite. I have owned about three pairs of them over the last 5 years and during that time have only had one pair that "died". ( note- these are not good boots to wear on muddy hikes and expect them to last forever- these are FASHION combat boots. Learned that the hard way.) They are insanely comfortable, are real leather and don't break the bank! 



Books:
The Handmaid's Tale- Margaret Atwood
It took me a lot longer to make it through this book than I thought it would. The story was heartbreaking and insanely scary. We would like to think something like this could never happen. Yet the more you read about the event that brought them to this world... the more you realize this could be real.
And that my friends, is the scariest part of the whole book.
I also recommend the Hulu series. They did a really good job translating the book into a show and I'm already pumped for season 2.



Beauty:
Kylie Lip Kits:(Specifically Moon)
Say what you want about the Kardashian/Jenner posse, because I really don't care.
I have a weird soft spot for all of them (especially you Rob) and I will continue to love just about everything they do.
2017 was the year of "Give me all the lip kits"-  which is saying something since I am not one to purchase multiples of a product unless I absolutely love it.
I have about 5 KJLK's  and I am still planning on increasing that collection in 2018. Out of all the colors I have purchased I'm pretty sure Moon is my all time favorite. A nude lip with a tint of silverish/purple in it- it basically brings out my inner moon child and I feel like I can wear it with almost anything.
Thank you, KJ for everything you do.


Beverage:

Gin and Tonic with a lime 
2017 was the year I moved away from my one true love of Whiskey and ventured into something new. 
In comes the gin and tonic. 
So simple, so easy, so delicious. 
add a lime for extra happiness
I don't have much more to say about it than that

Bandwagon:

Xtend Barre Classes 

In 2017, Xtend Barre pretty much changed my life and the way I look at fitness. The first time I took a barre class ( at a different studio) I loved the class but hated the way the people there made me feel. It felt cliquey and like I wasn't accepted because I wasn't a former dancer. All that changed when I took my first Barre class at the Xtend Barre in Burlington, Ma.  A friend from high school was the instructor there, which made me feel a little more comfortable going into it all.
I kid you not, fell in love with the Xtend community there in just one class. Everyone was so welcoming and willing to help. There was no "I'm better than you" mentality and not everyone was already in the best shape ever. (Which was one of the intimidating things when I first went into a class.) They also offered a lot more class variety than any other Barre studio I have ever seen. There is a little something for everyone- it isn't just barre. There are cardio based classes, TRX classes, Yoga classes and at times special dance classes.

So, in March of 2017, I signed up for what I thought was going to be just one month at Xtend... Here I am almost one year later and I have no intention of EVER leaving.



Beats:

Rainbow- Kesha
2017 was the year Kesha came back into my life.
That alone was enough to make this the best year ever.
If you haven't listened to Rainbow yet, I'm not sure what you are waiting for.
This album is kick ass and a perfect blend of Ke$ha and Kesha Rose.



XoXo- C


Comments

Popular Posts